Virtual live session on ''Rethinking Urban Planning & Governance''
27th May 2020
World Trade Center together with Smart Cities India Foundation are organising a virtual live session which will talk about Urban Planning and Governance.
- Dr.M.Ramachandran IAS, Former Secretary, Ministry or Urban Development, GoI and
- Dr.Ravindra Adi IAS, Chairman-Smart Cities India Foundation and former Chief Secretary, Karnataka.
- Mr. Kishore Jain, Managing Director, Jain Heights and Structures Pvt Ltd and President, CREDAI Bengaluru
- Mr. Naresh V Narasimhan, Managing Partner, Venkataramanan Associates
The session will cover the below aspects,
- Considering the recent developments, a new approach to city planning is required. This can have a direct and substantial impact on the lives of slum dwellers and migrant labourers.
- Our city governance systems need a transformation, ensuring effective communication between those who govern and the governed.
- The COVID-19 pandemic poses another question – was our disaster preparedness level adequate?
- Multiplicity of organisations is a major challenge faced by cities. Would a single platform for coordination ease the process of resolving governance issues in a timely and more effective manner?