Open House for SEZ IT/ITES Units
The World Trade Center Kochi on 2 nd May 2019 conducted an open house session for IT and ITES units with Cochin Special Economic Zone Officials. It was done in association with GTech. This highly interactive session was useful to the participants as they were able to clear their SEZ related queries directly with the concerned Officials.
The following representatives from CSEZ attended
- Mr. Saju Surendran IES - Deputy Development Commissioner
- Mr. E.V.Gokulnath, Asst. Development Commissioner - Phase 1, Infopark
- Mr. Pramod S., Asst. Development Commissioner - Phase 2, Infopark
- Mr. Subair M. NSDL Officer (SEZ Online)
- Mr. Seetharaman, CSEZ Consultant and Chartered Accountant
- Mr. Joseph George, Asst. Commissioner - Customs (Rtd.)
- Mr. Pramod K.P., Specified Officer, Infopark
- Mr. Naushad A. , Authorized Officer, Infopark
Mr. Saju Surendran IES initiated the discussion with the already submitted queries from companies. The topics of discussion included renewal of LOA, Annual and Monthly progress report filing, SOFTEX filing, SERF, EPCES membership and its features, hiring of employees in SEZ units, DTA procurement, IGST payment for de-bonding, BOA/UAC approval requirements, Non-compliance, SEZ initiatives for Start-ups etc.
The Dy. Development Commissioner while answering the queries said that the filing of SEZ related documents now needs to be done through the SEZ online site - https://sezonline-ndml.co.in/ . The Officials also gave updates to the participants regarding the various deadlines for submission of annual and monthly progress reports, renewal of LOA etc.
Mr. Saju Surendran also shared his contact details with the participants so that they can reach him regarding any SEZ related queries.
Earlier, Mr. Vivek George, Deputy Manager, World Trade Center Kochi delivered the Welcome Address ; Mr. Vishnu V Nair, Secretariat in charge, GTech made the opening remarks; Mr. Sandeep Raj, Coordinator WTC Kochi proposed the Vote of Thanks. The open house was attended by SEZ units, start-ups and medium sized company representatives who were interested to know more on the procedures to commence operations from SEZ.