Business Opportunities in Brussels
The World Trade Center Kochi (WTCK) in association Brussels Invest & Export organized a roadshow for companies who would like to expand to Europe. The trade mission from Belgium met the major companies in Kochi on 1st October 2018 at Hotel Abad Plaza, Ernakulam to discuss and know more about the business opportunities there.
The trade delegation consisted of representation from the Government, Ministry of Finance, Customs and Trade Promotion Wing of Brussels. Members included,
- Mr Mark Van de Vreken, Consul General, Consulate General of the Kingdom of Belgium
- Mr Reinout Van Hullebus, Inward Investment Department, Brussels Invest & Export
- Mr Marc de Mil, Fiscal Department for Foreign Investments, Belgium Ministry of Finance
- Mr Guillaume Blauwart, Tax Advisor, PRAGMA International, Brussels
- Ms Babette Desfossez, Customs Attaché, Belgium Ministry of Finance
- Mr Jean Francois Aernouts Trade Commissioner Brussels Invest & Export, Consulate General of Belgium, Chennai spoke during the event
The Consul General Mr Vreken said during his Presidential address that Brussels is India’s 11th largest economic partner. The Gems & Jewellery sector accounts for 80% of Brussels’ business with India. Brussels also presents opportunities in the field of Information and Communication Technology, Life Sciences, Natural Extracts, Agrifood, Pharmaceuticals, Tourism, Education etc. Brussels which is the capital of the European Union is also centrally located within Europe. Brussels have branches of numerous reputed Indian companies like Infosys & TCS operating within. Brussels leads in the field of Life sciences R&D. The Brussels business hub’s services can be availed by a new company for free for 3 months. The affordable cost of living and accessibility to other major EU cities makes Brussels an ideal place for outside businesses to invest.
Earlier, Mr Vivek George, Deputy Manager, World Trade Center Kochi also spoke. The event was attended by representatives of companies from various sectors IT, Natural Extracts, Tourism, Healthcare, Pharma and Education. B2B meetings were also arranged for those looking for business opportunities in Brussels.